This is the Lords doing and it is marvelous in our eyes. Mark 12:11

Saturday, January 1, 2011

I am one of THOSE kind of people who love to plan, organize, and make lists! I really do enjoy it. It gives me great pleasure to sit down with a pen and paper and write down all of the things I need to do, need to remember, need to get at the grocery, or need need to make another list for. Yes, I admit, that I will occasionally add something to one of my lists that I have already completed, just so that I can draw a huge line through it. I just love the feeling of getting something accomplished I guess.

A brand new year is one of the best times to - you guessed it - plan, organize, and make lists! I would love it if my husband shared my love of "seeing things written on paper". But, he does not. He would much rather mull it over in his mind for days and days. On a rare occasion he will tell me what he's contemplating, then suddenly (for me, not him because he has been thinking about it for days) makes his decision and does it! To me that way of making decisions takes all of the excitement out of it!

I have already been brainstorming and scribbling down lots of things I would love to accomplish or do a better job of in 2011. Certain things on my list include: organizing things that need to be better organized, run more than I did in 2010 (more details on that later) and doing a better job managing the money God gives us.

I really love to write out a plan or goals for a new year, and I am sure that to some extent most everyone has one type of plan or another that they would love to get accomplished this year.
As I have been planning and writing, God keeps reminding me what Proverbs 19:21 says,

"Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the LORD that will stand."

This has been a great reminder for me. I hope to carry this verse with me throughout the year, always being mindful that I can create what I think to be the best plan, but God can change that plan at any time to fulfill His purposes. That is what I really want anyway, His plan to be fulfilled, because his plan is the most perfect plan for me. (and you).

No comments:

Post a Comment