This is the Lords doing and it is marvelous in our eyes. Mark 12:11

Monday, October 19, 2009

Womens Ministry




I just got home from out monthly Women Encouraging Women fellowship.
It was the first one that I've been to. The last THREE months I have forgotten!! I'm assuming your memory starts to fade in your mid twenties because I sure can't remember as much as I used to. I even forgot a close friends Birthday earlier this month. How horrible.

I went into the evening not knowing what to expect. I'm much younger than most of the ladies in the group. Despite the differences I felt comfortable for the most part. Things change so much when you get married. Age isn't a big deal anymore. Some of my closest friends are much older with kids my age. I learn so much from these ladies. About being a godly wife and some day mom (I hope).

I'm loving my new church family more and more. Sometimes I feel like I have been there forever while other times I feel like I have to work and push myself into the group of lovely ladies.


I am learning that in marriage I am always to be giving of myself. I find myself being more and more thankful for the women in my life who love their husbands daily - it is truly an example to me. So, thank you women who have chosen to give of themselves and to love with the love of Christ. Thank you specifically to my mom who is daily an example to me as she pours out her life into my dad and her family. She would do anything for her children, as would my dad. I have much to learn but I am so thankful I have a mother who lives selflessness before me and who the Lord uses to teach me so many things!

No comments:

Post a Comment