This is the Lords doing and it is marvelous in our eyes. Mark 12:11

Friday, April 29, 2011

On my heart Friday

Linking up with  Casey today!!

Have you prayed for the tornado victims in the deep south? 

Yes? Pray again!


Totally breaks my heart.


It hits so close to home to hear friends and family talk about people they know who lost their homes.
While I'm grateful that my friends and family in those areas are safe and homes can be rebuilt,
they still have a long road ahead of them. 

Many of those people lost loved ones, they have an even longer road ahead.
My prayer for them is that they will not doubt our Saviors love. 


Living in tornado alley most of my life I have spent many evenings in closets during tornado season. This year has been wild. A few years ago a "horrible" tornado swept through downtown Ft.Worth. Windows in skyscrapers were blown out, houses were gone and neighbors of ours lost their roof. That was such a tiny thing in comparison, but I remember how scary that was. 

I truly can not imagine opening my front door to see all the damage I have seen on TV, MUCH less watching the walls around me literally fade away.


Though the fig tree does not bud
   and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
   and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
   and no cattle in the stalls,
 yet I will rejoice in the LORD,
   I will be joyful in God my Savior.

Habakkuk 3:17-19


6 comments:

  1. I know, the images are so sad. I can't imagine the devastation. Beautiful verse to remind us to rejoice in the Lord despite bad circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for reminding us to pray some more!! I know God is sovereign in this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the reminder to pray. i can get so wrapped up in my life and forget to pray for others hard ache.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a good reminder, thanks beauty :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes...so close to home...prayers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there - just thought I'd stop by and see how you are. I had blogged/quit and came back. Hope you remember me. It has been hard to watch all the disasters going on - now, we're in deep heat and drought - it's something. I hear your neck of the woods was running 110 degrees F today. It's just plain hot. Good to see you again. Stop by sometime! Hugs, Jenn

    ReplyDelete